NewOrleansChurches.Com®
Photography by John and Kathleen DeMajo

ANNUNCIATION CATHOLIC CHURCH
New Orleans, LA. (Closed 2001)
 

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE HISTORY OF ANNUNCIATION PARISH



Inside view of Annunciation church, 1944
 

HISTORY OF THE ORGANS IN ANNUNCIATION CHURCH: Annunciation Catholic Church has been the home of two known pipe organs prior to its closing in 2000. The first instrument noted to have been installed is a George Jardine and Son tracker dating to 1847. The exact disposition of the Jardine is not known, however, records of the OUSCDB indicate that a 2 manual, 11 rank Moller organ, Opus 6566, was installed in 1938. According to information supplied by Neil O'Donnell, the Moller was removed prior to 1968 and a Conn electronic organ was installed. Some of the pipe work from the Moller was recycled into the 1968 O'Donnell organ installed at St. Peter's Catholic Church on River Road in Reserve, LA.

To view the specifications of Moller Opus 6566, Click here.

Return to New Orleans Churches Index